Provost & Executive V.P. for Academic Affairs
What drew you to the higher education world?
ct lotto results www.laughalways.net In the higher education world, the processes of learning, teaching and problem-solving are fascinating to me. I enjoy the difficult struggles that coincide with each of these processes – all for the purpose of making the world a better place in which to live. I am humbled and energized by the intellectual brilliance of the students, staff and faculty on college campuses.
What do you enjoy most about your role at SFA?
I enjoy the very difficult challenge of solving complex problems involving both quantitative and qualitative information, while holding paramount my need to understand my personal limitations and to value perspectives that may differ from mine.
What do you hope students gain from SFA?
An increased ability to think critically, grow professionally, achieve their goals and contribute to society.
What are you passionate about outside of your role at SFA?
I am passionate about loving my God, wife and two boys. I am also passionate about treating other people respectfully and fairly, even if their life-style and beliefs are very different from mine. Each day, I seek to “sleep sufficiently, eat responsibly, exercise vigorously, and have fun with impunity” (L. M. Smith 2019).
- Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
SFA (June 2021–present)
- Dean, College of Engineering & Computer Science
California State University, Sacramento (2014–2021)
- Associate Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science
Oakland University, Michigan (2011–2014)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Mechanics
Michigan State University, East Lansing
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Wayne State University, Detroit
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- $7 million in external funding
- 62 publications (includes two U.S. patents)
- Founded Hornet Leadership Program (California State University, Sacramento)
- Co-founded, Originatic LLC, 2008 – 2012, Product Line: Wall-Mounted Computer Kiosks
- Withrow Teaching Award, 2002, Oakland University
- Kheir Teaching Award, 2003, Oakland University
- ASCE Jonathon Burdette Brown Education Award winner, 2019
- Seven Ph.D., Primary Advisor, (successfully defended dissertation)
- Seven M.S., Primary Advisor, (successfully defended thesis)
- 33 Undergraduate Projects Advised